What is OWN ART?
Own Art makes buying contemporary art and craft affordable by providing interest-free loans from £100 – £2500 over 10 months.
Rabley Gallery is delighted to be a member of the Own Art loan scheme. You can purchase contemporary art and craft of any kind.
How to buy an artwork with an Own Art Loan?
Once you’ve found the piece of work that you want to buy, just let the gallery know that you’d like to apply for an Own Art loan to finance your purchase.
Don’t forget that if you are applying for the loan in person you will need to show proof of ID – this could be in the form of a utility bill or just simply your driving licence — along with a credit or debit card as proof of signature.
How to apply for an Own Art Loan?
- Staff in the gallery will take you through the loan application process
- An email will be sent to you to complete the application at home
- Once you’ve given all the information they need, you’ll get an instant decision.
- A deposit is not necessary (although Rabley Gallery may ask for one at our discretion).
- Once you have been accepted and have e-signed your loan agreement, the gallery will arrange delivery to your home address as included in the loan application. Delivery information – link to page
Are you eligible?
Own Art is available to all permanent UK residents over the age of 18, subject to status.
This means that you must be able to meet one of the following criteria in order to apply for a loan:
Working at least 16 hours a week
(employed or self-employed)
A retired person in receipt of a pension
A person in receipt of disability allowance
(If you are not working but are married to or living with a partner who does meet the above criteria, then you may still apply provided that your partner is happy for their employment details to be included on your application form.)
Learn More about Own Art and loan Art Calculator
Own Art is an Arts Council England initiative operated by Creative United, a registered trademark of Creative Sector Services CIC, a Community Interest Company registered in England and Wales under number 08280539. Registered office: 10 Queen Street Place, London EC4R 1BE. ® The Own Art logo is a registered trademark of Arts Council England.